This list is helpful when beginning to pack for your trip to Tahiti and her islands!
Below is our recommended packing list, based on a 7 day trip.
3-4 bathing suits
2-3 nicer tops
2-3 pairs of shorts
2 casual skirts
long pants for plane ride
1 pair of walking shoes/socks
2 pairs of flip flops
1 pair of coral shoes
sunscreen (and tons of it!)
Hair bands for long hair
Contact lenses/glasses (if you wear them)
Face wash/acne treatments
Printed travel itinerary
ATM card for cash
Passport/driver license plus photocopies
Credit cards and photocopies
Camera, memory cards, batteries
cell phone/ipad/tablet and associated chargers
Water bottle/collapsible cooler
Copies of itinerary for contacts
Snacks (cereal, granola bars)
Beach bag (preferably waterproof)
Trash bag for wet clothes
Tote bag for souvenirs
Addresses for postcards
Books (if ipad/kindle is not used)
- Leave in hair conditioner. This will help with all of the tangles from swimming.
- Light sweater. The evenings get chilly!
- TONS of sunscreen of all SPFs
- Water shoes for the coral are excellent protection against coral. If you get cut by coral, it will hurt and will need immediate treatment to avoid infection.
- Long sleeve swim cover-up to protect from the strong sun
- DO NOT OVERPACK!!!
- Hair dryer, body lotions, shampoo and conditioner can be found in all hotels. Only bring special items if needed.
- Tons of daytime clothing. You’ll be in your swimsuit!
- Tons of Make-up. The humidity is thick and you’ll always be in the water. Light makeup in the evening works best.